Handi-Care Personal Care Services (PCS)

Toll Free: (800) 435-9251

Local: (828) 437-8429

Home        Employment        Contact Us

Personal Care Services (PCS)
Nurse Aides
Home Health Aides
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)Text Box: Providing services that support seniors and others who could use help living at home.







Personal Care Services


Non-Emergency Transportation


Respite Services


CAP Aide Services


Elder Care Consulting




Reasons to Choose Handi-Care


The Team to Trust


Service Area

CAP Aide Services

CAP stands for Community Alternatives Program.  This Medicaid waiver program available in North Carolina (NC) provides a number of services through your local Department of Social Services and it pays for in-home aide services from a provider such as Handi-Care.  CAP provides for in-home aide services that are very similar to Personal Care Services (PCS).  The one big exception is that clients under the CAP program receive in-home aide services for many more hours per day than patients under the Personal Care Services (PCS) program.  The other big difference between CAP Aide Services and Personal Care Services is how you qualify.  For Personal Care Services, your doctor, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner certifies that you need care for one year, and you can receive Personal Care Services.  For CAP Aide Services, your local Department of Social Services schedules a visit to your home and evaluates the person wanting help.  Availability for this program is sometimes limited and waiting lists for admission to the Community Alternatives Program are common.  Many people choose to receive Personal Care Services from Handi-Care while they are waiting for their place in the Community Alternatives Program (CAP).

You or someone you know could be eligible if:

·        You would be 18 years or older and at risk of being placed in a nursing facility, or live in a nursing facility and want to return home.

·        You require nursing home care, not rest home care

·        You are eligible for Medicaid under the CAP/DA guidelines

·        You need CAP services to remain safely at home and can do so within the Medicaid cost limit, and

·        You want CAP/DA Services instead of institutional care


You can directly refer yourself to the Department of Social Services for CAP consideration.  For more information or to discuss Personal Care Services, please contact us.





Call me to schedule a free, in-home assessment
Call me to discuss
E-mail a response

Email Address:









Serving Burke County, Catawba County, McDowell County, Caldwell County, Hickory, Morganton, Lenoir, Marion, North Carolina (NC)



Privacy Notice     Home Health Marketing     Credits